Thank you for considering a gift to the Lebanon Valley Brethren Home. The generous partners of LVBH include residents, family members, community businesses, church members, volunteers, staff and the Board of Directors. Together we support the mission to provide independent living housing, high-quality health care, and supportive services for elderly persons in and attitude of love and servanthood, as exemplified by Christ.
Donations can be made in various ways and to help accomplish different aspects of the mission. The following information is provided to help you determine the type of gift that is most meaningful for you. The staff of the Development Department is also available to assist you and can be reached at 717.838.5406 ext. 3052.
The Good Samaritan Fund is a benevolent fund established by the Lebanon Valley Brethren Home Board of Directors to help cover the cost of care for residents who can no longer afford to pay all of their own expenses. Benevolent care each year is approximately 1.5 million dollars.
Individuals can contribute to the Good Samaritan Fund in several ways:
- Buddy Society – Members of the Buddy Society help provide ongoing support to the GSF through annual gifts of $1,000. Membership is granted upon receipt of a signed Commitment Form indicating the intent to contribute a minimum of five thousand dollars over a period of five years.
- Memorials and Tributes – Remember a friend or loved one through a memorial donation or honor an act of kindness or special event through a tribute gift.
- Event Participation – As a sponsor, patron or attendee of these events, you are contributing to the Good Samaritan Fund:
- Chicken BBQ & Auction
- Good Samaritan Fund Dinner
- Cathy Snell Memorial Golf Tournament
- General Contributions – Any gift to LVBH can be designated to the GSF.
Legacy Giving allows you to determine how you would like to be remembered. Designations can be made to the Good Samaritan Fund or the LVBH Endowment Fund. Other gifts will be used as needed. Please make a member of the Development Department aware of your plans for Legacy Gifts so proper recognition can be given through the LVBH Heritage Club.
- Bequests – Designate in your Will a specific amount, a percentage of your estate or outline more detailed instructions (example: 10% of my estate after each of my children and grandchildren receive $25,000) as a gift to LVBH.
- Annuities – Donate funds to LVBH now through a Charitable Gift Annuity and you will receive a tax break in the year the gift is made as well as quarterly payments throughout your life. Upon your death, the remainder of the annuity will go to LVBH.
- Other Planned Gifts
- Life Insurance – LVBH can be named as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Charitable Trusts – Trusts for larger gifts offer options that can benefit LVBH as well as your family. They also provide current tax advantages.
- IRA – Residuals in retirement accounts can be gifted to LVBH, thus avoiding tax implications for family members.
- Bank/Brokerage Accounts – These accounts can be designated payable on death (POD) to LVBH.
Major Gifts and Naming Opportunities – Each year capital improvement projects are identified for completion. Contributions made to fund these projects are considered restricted gifts and are recognized based on established levels, generally beginning at $5,000.
Ways to Give
Cash donations can be made payable to LVBH and delivered to the Community Center Receptionist or mailed to 1200 Grubb Road, Palmyra, PA 17078.
Credit cards are accepted online only. Please follow the Donate Now link at the top of this page.
Stocks/Mutual Funds from publicly traded companies can be gifted to LVBH. A staff person will assist you with the transfer so you will receive the full benefit of your donation.
Real Estate/Other Items are generally accepted.
Lebanon Valley Brethren Home is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization with a federal tax identification number of 23-7404857.
The official registration and financial information of Lebanon Valley Brethren Home may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.